Erika Brittini Nelson, granddaughter of Elder Samuel & Deacon Jean Cunningham, and great-granddaughter of Helena Lester graduated from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VA Tech) on May 15, 2020. She earned a Bachelor of Architecture, with a minor in Leadership & Service. On May 16, 2020, she commissioned into the United States Air Force as a Second Lieutenant, Combat Systems Officer. Her grandfather administered her the oath of office and pinned her.
Pentecost Sunday is May 31st. Each year on Pentecost Sunday, we celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit and the birthday of the church. The Holy Spirit remains with us still, connecting us with the church of the past, continuing to inspire the church of today, and pointing us to the church of the future. Each year, this celebration is marked by receiving the Pentecost Offering which nurtures the faith of those who are the church to come – children, youth, and young adults
A gift to the Pentecost Offering helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children. 40% of the Pentecost offering can be retained by individual congregations wanting to make an impact in the lives of young people within their own community. The remaining 60% is used to support children-at-risk, youth, and young adults.
- The Deacon Board would like to take this time to thank you tremendously for your consistent contributions to the ongoing Loaves and Fishes food drive. Because of your kindness, Memorial donated to the Statesville Avenue Presbyterian Church Food Pantry 814 pounds of food in 2019 and 356 pounds in 2018. So far this year, we have contributed 372 pounds, but due to the unfortunate circumstances that have shut down corporate Sunday worship, we have been unable to collect and donate food. However, the Deacon Board has made a monetary donation to the Statesville Pantry in the amount of $200, with plans to later make an additional $200 donation. In the meantime, we ask that you continue to think of those in our community who need this assistance by continuing to pick up items when you do your essential shopping to contribute to the food drive. When we return to corporate worship, bring your items and we will have a tidy collection to donate to the Statesville Pantry. We also ask that you remember the ministry of kindness fund when tithing. The Deacon Board wishes all members good health in body, mind and spirit as we continue to wait on God to see us through these challenging times. Again, thank you for your continued faithfulness. To God be the glory.
Tamera Sanders, Lesa Gassaway- Co-Moderators
- GRADUATION 2020
The Educating and Equipping Ministry Team will honor 2020 high school, college, graduate and professional school graduates on June 14, 2020. Please submit the names, school, degree, and any other information relevant to the graduation you would like to share to the EEMT Ministry Team. You may email the information to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please look for additional information about the celebration in the bulletin, on the website, and on our FACEBOOK page.
- Due to the COVID-19 virus, the Memorial Church Office is closed. If you need to contact us, you may do so at (704) 392-4752.
- All in person church events have been postponed until further notice.
- We will continue to broadcast Sunday Services Online at 11:00 a.m. until further notice. You are encouraged to join us online every Sunday by CLICKING HERE.
- You may pay your pledge/tithe online via credit/debit card HERE or mail it to us at:
Memorial Presbyterian Church
ATTN: Church Treasurer
2600 Beatties Ford Road
Charlotte, NC 28216